The UConn Occupational Safety and Health
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program is a focused series of five (5) online credit courses taught by UConn faculty who are experienced practitioners in the OSH field. Paul Bureau, a faculty member who is Program Director of the OSH Certificate Program, has more than 30 years working in the field as an OSH professional.
Occupational Safety and Health Online
Post-Baccalaureate Certificate Program
"The estimated number of occupational safety and health professionals needed in coming years is substantially higher than the number coming out of training programs."
- National Advisory Committee on Occupational Safety and Health (NACOSH)1
Planning to enter the Occupational Safety and Health (OSH) field? Recently asked to take on take on new OSH responsibilities? Either way, you've come to the right place—at the right time!
The fact is, jobs in the Occupational Safety and Health field are plentiful—yet the number of qualified candidates lags behind. So if you're considering making a career change, go for it—chances are you'll find multiple job opportunities for which you're qualified once you earn your Occupational Safety and Health Online Post-Baccalaureate certificate from the University of Connecticut (UConn), a top 25 Public University.
What if you're already working and your manager decides you're the best person to wear your employer's OSH hat, even though you may lack the skills? Choose this UConn online program and you'll get the solid foundation you need to assume your new responsibilities with confidence.
This 15-credit online certificate program offers three required core courses with a selection of up to six additional elective courses from which you choose two.
- The program covers a broad spectrum of health and safety issues in the workplace. In addition, we offer several electives from which you can choose to meet your specific needs or to develop more specialized knowledge in one area, such as ergonomics, worker's compensation, or workplace safety psychology.
- All courses are designed by OSH practitioners, who have spent decades practicing health and safety in many workplace settings.
- Course content relies heavily on real-world case scenarios that reflect current trends, challenges, and issues.
- You can create a fully online course load that lets you do all of the coursework on your own time and at your own pace. Or if you live close to Storrs, CT, you can choose one or two of the elective courses we offer only as on-campus courses to create a blended program.
1McAdams M, Kerwin J, et al. National Assessment of the Occupational Safety and Health Workforce. 2011:19.
What They Are Saying